- Please note we will not be able to help you with your vaccinations if your trip starts within the next 8 weeks or if you require Yellow Fever vaccinations.
Travel advice is not part of the NHS contract for GP practices and therefore you may be charged a fee for your consultations where this is required. This fee would include all appointments related to travel advice and management. Please note payment must be made by cash or cheque on the day of your first appointment.
Travel advice and prescriptions are also available in many local private travel clinics.
To find these, please search the internet for “travel clinics in Newcastle / Gateshead”
If you choose to access this advice at our surgery:
- We require that you print & complete this questionnaire and hand it back to reception as soon as possible.
- Our practice nurse will look at it and determine whether or not we can help you with your travel vaccinations.
- We will then let you know if and when you can see with a nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. You will also be made aware of the cost of your consultation at that time. Please note, we may not be able to accommodate you with a suitable appointment if you require one urgently. You may therefore need to attend an alternative private clinic.
- Please note the following vaccinations are free: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio, Hepatitis A and Typhoid.
- Please note the practice does not stock all travel vaccinations due to low demand and shelf life. This means that should you need these, you will be given a private prescription to order them at your local pharmacy who will charge you for the cost of each vaccine. Please speak to your pharmacist for more details.
- Once you have collected your vaccinations, our nurse will see you again to administer them.
You can find out which vaccinations are necessary or recommended for the areas you will be visiting on the following websites:
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below