Did you know you could self refer to the following organisations?
Talking Therapies - Gateshead - 0191 283 2541
- Counselling - helpful with difficult life events
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) – depression, anxiety and trauma
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) - trauma
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) – depression, relationships and life changes
- Short Courses and Supported self help (4-6 weeks) that help people understand common mental health difficulties they might be experiencing and what they can do about them.
Physiotherapy with Tyneside Integrated Musculoskeletal Service (TIMS) - 0191 445 2643
- TIMS is a joint Newcastle and Gateshead service which offers self-care and fast access to information, resources and expert opinion about a variety of back, neck, joint or general muscle conditions. Our aim is to help support to get the right care, in the right place, first time.
Gateshead Evolve is a single, integrated drug and alcohol recovery service for all adults in Gateshead.
Student Health App - The Student Health App provides easy access to more than 900 pages of reliable health information all in one place. The content has been created for university students by NHS doctors and is regularly updated.
Use the app to reduce your worries, feel more confident and get the support you need at what can be a challenging time for any student.
Click here to access the app
Sexual Health - Family Planning - GUM clinic - 0191 283 1577
General information about self-care
Guide to help parents deal with their child's common infections